About caregiverbobby

As strokesurvivorannie's caregiver, I plan to use this corner to communicate tips for being a caregiver that are practical, authentic, helpful, optimistic, and share the humorous side. You get a different person back from the hospital. The elasticity of the brain will let the old and new personality develop, but you have to be patient.



Saturday, March 3, 2012

A plethora of projects


It is good to be busy. I have a number of projects coming my way and while I’d like to do them all I’ll have to let some go. Work is good. Making art is good. Both are filling my days well. Yet, each time I finish something I’m left with a tiny bit of emptiness. It isn’t a negative feeling just one of “okay, what’s next?”. But continuing to grow, improve and learn is what these projects are all about. Like care-giving and therapy. Each successful turn is fulfilling. Each turn a moment of reflection.
I have always admired my mother’s curiosity and desire to continue learning. Perhaps a little of it was passed on. I know my paternal grandfather’s ability to work with his hands was. So the fish pictured below is about the schools of fish that form a larger “creature” in order to fend off aggressors. Maybe it has a shade of Gestalt theory and therapy like most of my art. I am learning and hopefully improving. Making things is…
Regardless, this one is finished and perhaps it will hang somewhere other than on my paint rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment